Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sneak Preview of Ben Tour's "Underbelly"

“Under Belly” by Ben Tour
& “Letters to the Editor” Group Show
Fifty24 Gallery
Thursday, Jan 10th 7-9:30pm

Hey Hey, just got back from documenting Ben Tour prepping for his upcoming show this week. Who the heck is Ben Tour you ask? Well, Fecal Face did an interview with this fine fellow sometime last year that you can check out here. Ben’s show opens Thursday, January 10th at Upper Playgrounds’s Fifty24 Gallery in Lower Haight. I had the pleasure of meeting him and shooting the shit for about an hour before having to head back to the neighborhood café to concentrate on my boring humdrum work.

So after missing Ben on my first attempt, I figured I’d go to the cafe and hit him up in a few hours after I was done. Ten minutes after getting settled to the closest and only available outlet, Kimberly, the gallery curator, called me to let me know that he was back. Fearing I would miss him, I packed up ALL my stuff thinking that I’d go in, say hi, take some pictures, get out, go back, grab my coveted corner, finish my work, bada bing!, bada bang!, bada boom!, I’m done. I even left my tea cup with the counter guy to say I’ll be coming back in a few and to please hold it for me. Needless to say that wasn’t how things went down. But s’all good! After chatting it up with him, I discovered that he’s a super duper swell guy, not to mention that his work is dope! So I HIGHLY recommend you make it out to the show to check out his art and say hello. While he worked we talked about Vancouver (where he lives now), Toronto (where he’s from), his wife, the expecting of their first baby, traveling and him moving to the sunshine coast. But because I went with no intentions for conducting an interview and because my mind is like a giant sieve that retains .005% of all information that penetrates my eardrums, I will do you the favor of NOT recounting our conversation since I know me and the quality of my operations. It’ll be the ol’ classic chinese telephone phenomenon where I end up reporting a story about the time he sold his house, took his family down to honduras to try and create his own personal utopia, builds an ice factory but ends up running into some serious obstacles, alienating all around him and polluting a... Oh wait, that was a movie wasn’t it? See what I mean?

So anyways, here’s a sneak preview. Enjoy.
And go to the show!














...!

Oh you’re still following me? Well, lucky you then because I also took some pictures of the stuff that will be showing in the upstairs space of Fifty24.

"Letters to the Editor" featuring the work of Cum*, Eine, Brent McHugh, Ryan Jacob Smith, and Mario Wagner



These guys are a anonymous art collective from Belgium called Cum* and their stuff is really cool! Check them out too when you’re there. I mean, what do you gots to lose?






See yous there!

6 comments:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

great week-end

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that exact model. The prices as regards the boots are about 210 bucks on every site. But for all I base this area selling them for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices seeking the boots were about 330 bucks everwhere. But definitively I set this locate selling them for half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that meticulous brand. The prices for the velcros are around 310 pounds on every page. But for all I found this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm honestly into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes are approximately 300 dollars on every site. But definitively I base this area selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what can you tell me about these?