Friday, April 10, 2009

Triggers

It's always weird how something totally random can pierce your consciousness and without warning transport you to a place that could have easily been lost to that blackhole of memories. In this particular instance it's a Jackson 5 song that came on to internet radio and reminded me of a simpler time when the biggest reason for my sisters and I to force ourselves up early was to get every second of saturday morning cartoons in. They loved the Jackson 5 while I remember hating that show. I'd be rudely awakened by the theme song blaring in our downstairs living/rec room with the dark wood-paneled walls and the carpet I can't for the life of me seem to recall anymore. Hearing this song by the Jackson 5 makes me sad how I couldn't appreciate them or my sisters more back then.

No comments: